Friday, April 19, 2013

Today's Talk: The Hunger Games

Howdy y'all, 
Today's talk is on The Hunger Games! 

I don't know 'bout you guys, but I love The Hunger Games (I started off reading the book first before the movie came out) and to know that the second installment to the trilogy, Catching Fire is coming out in November (my birthday is in November...yay!), makes me so excited! 


To those of you who haven't seen the trailer, here you go: 


The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Teaser Trailer 

So what do you think of the trailer guys? I can't wait to see more!

I am hoping that Catching Fire will turn out better than the first Hunger Games as honestly speaking, being a fan of the book first, the first movie was kind of disappointing at some parts like for example: 

1) I know they wanted to shorten the movie but seriously, Katniss did not find water like in a second okay? in fact, in the book it took up a few chapters before she found some water and by that time you would've thought she would've died of thirst/dehydration already! 

2) I'll admit it, I'm a typical fan-girl when it comes to romance (but not all the time and I ain't hardcore okay!). In the book, Peeta and Katniss seriously seemed like a REAL lovey-dovey couple because... Katniss gave Peeta more than one kiss (lemme repeat Katniss not Peeta giving the kisses) ...there was a few smooches going around but heck, kids will be watching the movie anyway. (Thank goodness I'm 17 and so pass the PG-13 mark)  

3) And how 'bout the ending? they shortened (or more like didn't really show it) Peeta's heartbreak. Nearing the ending in the book, Peeta came to know that Katniss didn't really love him but was like pretending to, just to "protect" him kind of thing. It was sooo saddening! ugh, my heart broke too! *sniff*


4) And my last arguement... PEETA MELLARK! 
The actor, Josh Hutcherson did a good job portraying Peeta but honestly, I just imagined him to be better looking (my inner fan-girl is showing its colours!). I mean Gale, acted by Liam Hemsworth was quite fitting for the role (this is Hemsworth we're talking about for crying out loud!) ....WHAT AM I SAYING?!! I support Peeta x Katniss... *bangs le head on the wall*

INSIDE INFO: 
In Catching Fire, there's some heat with Team Gale and Team Peeta! And guess who Katniss chooses?

But it wasn't only that, Peeta was more humorous in the book which I didn't see much in the movie but you guys can make this last point an invalid argument. *facepalm* 

I know it may seem like I'm making a fuss about some small things but I got eye for detail when it comes to my favourite things, even books and movies! so please forgive me...  (tell me to shut up next time! thanks...)

But even with all I'm saying here, The Hunger Games turned out to be a great movie anyhow by bringing the book to the screens! And many of us fans are grateful for that...
So Catching Fire, bring it on!!! 
---

That's all for Today's Talk! See you guys around and 
"May the odds be ever in your favour" 

No comments:

Post a Comment