Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Stumbling Upon The World of Anime & Manga

Hello everyone! 
Today's post is on how I stumbled upon the lovely world of- Anime and Manga!!! 


How it started?
I don't really remember actually. All I could remember is at the time when I was in primary school, I was maybe around 11 or 12 years old? I switched on ntv7 (a Malaysian TV channel) and happened to come across an anime called Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
After that I got interested and started my journey to find out more about this world of "anime". 


Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

I took a visit to my grandma's house one day and found out that Astro has a channel called "Animax" (don't have Astro in my home ;___;) and started to watch more from there (such as Colour-cloud Palace, La Corda D'oro Primo Passo, Slam Dunk, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.) 


La Corda D'oro Primo Passo


Then some time later, I visited my aunt and cousin. My cousin saw I was watching anime in his house and he told me more about anime and started to burn anime into DVDs and CDs for me to watch and I would watch the whole thing in 3 days MAX (and all night is the minimum...lol) ! I didn't know my cousin loved to watch anime but thanks to him, I became so hooked to anime I started to draw in an anime/manga style. 
My cousin would update me on animes he's watching, then burn them into a CD/DVD. Thank God for my cousin QwQ 
oh, how I treasure these CDs and DVDs (my all time favourite is Clannad together with Clannad After Story~)


Clannad After Story~


I even started to listen to japanese songs and even motivated myself to learn to read and speak japanese (even though I only know a tiny bit =___=). Mainly for the sake of having no need to read subtitles when watching anime and reading manga in its original japanese language (lol).


How I came across manga is unknown to me actually but just know when my internet is slow or cranky to watch anime, I read the manga to find out the story and up till now I always enjoy reading manga!!! 


OH! and on Facebook I made friends who love anime and manga as well!! They also keep me updated on any new, interesting, latest anime or manga (normally by their feed)! I love them! :D 
I also tend to pull my (non-anime) friends and sometimes my brothers into animes or mangas which I think will interest them. So far the response is good! hahaha~ 

Well that's pretty much about it. I have come a long way I think, so here's your final product: Me, an anime/manga otaku (otaku: in a way a 'nerd' in japanese) and also currently I've been reading Kuroko no Basuke and recommend you watch the anime also (even though I haven't watched it yet...orz)! very interesting and awesome manga! loving it very much!!!


Kuroko no Basuke


Well...anything else you need to know? drop a comment k! ;D


And don't worry, more posts about anime and manga will be coming soon! 
stay tuned! muahaha!! 

2 comments:

  1. It all started from watching Ghost Hunt on Youtube..from then on it never stopped..

    ReplyDelete