Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My First Time: Comic Fiesta 2011 (Day 1)

This was my very first time going to Comic Fiesta and not only that it was also my very first time going to a convention!
I only went for day 1 (Saturday), as I could only afford to go for one day and plus Sunday would be a busy day for me with church, practice in the morning and evening. 


It wasn't easy to get confidence to ask my parents but I did it anyway (many thanks to my mom who helped me ask my dad for permission)






Here is how the day went:



I got ready at 8:30am and left the house around 9am something. I reached the venue around 10:20am
Me and my mom (who is NOT an anime fan) then headed straight for the super long queue. When arrived at the queue I saw a group of cute girls in cosplay (and no, I was too shy to ask for a photo). I was admiring them the whole time and telling my mom how "kawaii" (cute in japanese) they were ...I mean you can't blame me for being excited as they were the first anime cosplayers that I just so happen to lay my eyes on. But I didn't know who they were cosplaying as. My mom found one of the girl with neko (cat in japanese) ears cute *grins* (=w=)


Suddenly we came to realize... we didn't know where to buy tickets nor whether we standing in the right queue (lol)
So we turned to the group of young people just standing right behind us and I picked to ask the young lady in that group whether its their first time here and is this the line to get tickets, she turns to the others to ask and they too don't know. I thanked them and turned to my mom, saying what that group of young people told me...


It was really hot and me being so wise was wearing a hoodie *facepalm* anyways, me and my mom waited till we could hear that the doors were open at around 11am I think. Even so, the line was so long that it seemed like the people walked like snails.


Once in, me and my mom were like "oh gawd!" as we realized that we needed to line up in  Hall 4 to get tickets then only proceed to Hall 5 but that's not we were so "oh gawd!" about...
The line to get tickets was like soooooooooooooooooooo super long. I was surrounded by people here, people, there...people EVERYWHERE!!! 


But waiting in line wasn't all that bad 'cause I saw so many cosplayers in the hall. But I was too shy to ask whether I could take a photo of 'em (orz...)


Soon after maybe an hour of waiting, we got into Hall 5 where the event was being held!! (>o<)o
Then after like 30 minutes of walking around and admiring the whole place I did the most stupid thing- I needed to go the bathroom -_-" 


I kinda regretted it 'cause just as we were about to walk out, an cosplay competition was happening I think becaaaaaaaause they was introducing someone who cosplayed Ranma 1/2 (darn it! they even played the opening song) but the whole crowd was blocking me and my mom to see so I tugged my mom, signalling her that I really need to go (don't ask to do what...please!) 


So we went looking for the bathroom (later on I slapped myself in the face when I found there was a bathroom in the hall itself) which lead us to the shopping center below. Since we were there we thought of having our lunch (darn lousy pricey food). So we took our time with our lunch, although in my heart I was freaking eager to get back into the hall >.<


After our lunch we went to the front entrance from where we lined up earlier to go in. Going through that entrance, me and my mom met our nightmare... (dun dun dun) we weren't allowed to go through that way (even though we showed our tickets). We weren't the only ones, there were others even cosplayers as well trying to get through by talking to the guy the guarding that entrance. 


So we were told to go to another entrance...OUTSIDE! 
Me and my mom sighing and me regretting my normal urge to go the the bathroom. I mostly felt stupid for even thinking of going to the bathroom (of course I'm over it now) went outside, waiting with a HUGE amount of people to get through a glass door leading to the Halls (ugh...). But while waiting, look who we bumped into (scary!)




Also this fella, who actually waved at me ._.




Weird...




After a few minutes, we finally could hear the opening of doors and slowly (literally slowly) and we finally got inside but to our dismay and horror, we were back to Hall 4! (like whut?!) 


And again, me and my mom went the only ones, hundreds of people were stuck as well and I could see they were all frustrated (even the CF committee could see it). So there we were... in line, sitting on the ground with others, stranded, sighing in disbelief. Well since this was my first time at CF and the first time I've seen so many different cosplayers, thought of taking some photos of the amazing cosplayers there! (yea, thats my common sense not being common) so I sucked in my guts ('cause I was shy) and asked the first two cosplayers that just walked by where we were sitting (they actually came to the group sitting with us to ask us a question). So here are the two nice cosplayers: 


(From left: Belphegor & Flan from Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

  
I totally admire these two! :D And continuing on to...


(Girl from the left is Suzumiya Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu! That pose! I'm not sure of the girl on the right. And if you see carefully the girl in the yellow dress on the right end is Kagamine Rin Servant of Evil cosplay!)


Very soon, the line actually started moving although very slowly so we were made to stand like for an hour or so...


So while standing in line, I took more (although distant) photos of some cosplayers and the crowd.


 Happy Halloween!


The crowd! (only a quarter)

The box-head from the LMFAO music video, Party Rock Anthem

Me and my mom were close to exit door of Hall 4 and at the exit you can see a KLCC staff shouting something like "don't push! I will let hundred people through if you don't but if you push I will only let 3 persons through" in malay. Yes, he was annoying but I guess he was doing his job. 

Finally, we were through and headed straight to Hall 5! (no mercy!)
It was so fun much being at Comic Fiesta and being around my "kind".

Comic Fiesta stage! woot! 

Ciel Phantomhive cosplay (from I think its from episode 5 , 6 or 7 ... bad memory xD) 

Red from Pokemon! 


Racing Hatsune Miku cosplay 

This adorable Hatsune Miku cosplay

Kagamine Rin's Servant of Evil cosplay 


Inuyasha group!



Those we some photos I took at CF and you can find more at my Flickr
I explored the the whole place and came to the very place which was the reason I decided to go to CF, the artists booths. It was amazing look at all the doujins, bookmarks, badges, posters, postcards...etc. I was even more at awe looking at artists doing commissions there and there!!! I saw many of them drawing there itself and I believe that many local artists in Malaysia are really blessed with beautiful, great, skillful talent! We weren't allowed to take photos of the artists booth unless your an official CF photographer.

But I totally enjoyed that section for sure!

I also explored the anime merchandise area and bought a poster, bookmarks, stickers (I was on low budget but it didn't matter as I'm still very happy with what I got).

I saw all kinds of anime merchandise like Katekyo Hitman, Kuroshitsuji, K-ON, Bleach, Naruto, Shakugan no Shana, Vampire Knight, of course lots if Vocaloid and...etc. 


K-ON!

Shakugan no Shana


During our time there, Gempak Starz were having an autograph session with popular japanese singers , Ceui and Shimokawa Mikuni. No, I wasn't able to get Ceui-sama's autograph (Q__Q) as the session is only an hour and hundreds lined up (orz...)

Moving on, there was a (duet) cosplay competition involving the cosplayers doing a scene.

Some photos below. More at I.AM.CHARISSA'S Flickr photo-stream

THE CROWD! 

Another photo of the crowd! 









Other photos taken at the event:

Iron man statue spotted!

Star Wars merchandise with other Marvel merchandise 

Cute nendoroids at one of the artists booth! I see you Hatsune Miku (>w<)


After some time (it was evening) the long, dramatic, fun day came to the end... it was time to go home! I said bye through my eyes as I left the Hall and I had a big smile on my face as I believe it was such an awesome and fun experience!

I was pretty much this happy!



So if you ask me, "should I go to Comic Fiesta?". Its a definite YES from me!

Remember to bring me along with you!



Thank you for taking your time to read my blog post!


Extra: I was supposed to meet up with a group called M.V.P (Malaysia Vocaloid Party) and we were supposed to take a group photo and pretty much get to know each other but due to the whole incident, most of us got stuck. The whole time I couldn't find anyone in Hall 4 nor Hall 5 *cries forever* but later on I found out I did see some of them expect its just that I didn't know it was them (OTL) I hope to meet them this year!


Please do not use images from this blog without proper permission from owner. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment