Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Planetshakers Live @ HSG Church - Part #1

Hey everyone! I know it’s been a while since my last post and I apologise as I’ve been having way more busy days than free ones.
I just wanted to share my experience at HSG (His Sanctuary of Glory) where they held Planetshakers’ “Night of Fire” on 28th of September (Sunday). 

Please take note I may not accurately state what happened chronologically (I must have some kind of short term memory :-P) so please forgive me!

To start, let me tell you guys what had happened before going to see the Planetshakers.
To those of you who don’t know, I’m a very young worship leader in my church (I started last year so I’m really a newbie) as well as a musician for both the English and Tamil services. In that one year, many things happened for me and to me, both good and bad. But I believe it’s only by the grace of God (and for His glory), that I’m still able to worship and walk this journey with God with His strength, not mine.  

3 days ago (on Saturday), a problem arose with one of our worship coordinators’ during the worship practice. I would rather call it a ‘misunderstanding’ or ‘lack of communication’. But the thing was, I was the accused in the problem and during the leader’s outburst, I was terribly hurt. And everyone present at the practice could see it as well.
But nevertheless, as he is still a leader and elder, I decided that I will not get hot (but to be honest, my blood was already boiling) and talk back but rather I should just keep my mouth shut and tell him to just get the problem over with, with the Pastor.

Too late. The damage has been done. Words were already flung. I was already broken inside.

I’m not too sure how many of you understand this pain of being accused, furthermore in my case, I was being scolded and accused for something I didn’t do and I couldn’t even defend myself as the leader didn’t even me a chance to explain and just continued to fling hurting words at me. That day totally sucked for sure. I ended up going to the bathroom to cry my heart out to God. I started talking to God in the bathroom, telling Him of my hurt and asking the typical ‘why did this happen’ question.

Next day was church.

Even then, my day didn’t go too well. The leader didn’t talk to me at all and the story of the feud had spread to others in church. I don’t know whether the other people will ever know what really happened on Saturday and I hope they don’t get a wrong picture.
For the sake of the leader and many others, I don’t want to get into details. But I hope you guys can understand what was going on. I was hurt by my own people in church. Furthermore this leader is also my Uncle.

Moving on, after church was over. My church buddies and I got ready to head to HSG for Planetshakers. We love Planetshakers!
I actually didn’t know that they were coming down till on Wednesday or Thursday, coincidently, I saw that a friend shared the event and it popped up on my Timeline. I immediately shared the event with my buddies asking whether they wanted to join. And (of course) they said yes! So we planned to go together.
So on the way to the venue, I prayed to God in my heart and decided that I’m not just going for the sake of seeing Planetshakers but instead I asked God to use this event to speak and minister to me. I just needed a touch from Jesus. Just ONE touch would be enough.

When we reached HSG, my pals and I were surprised to see a really long line. Although we did expect lots of people, particularly youngsters to turn up...I mean this is Planetshakers your talking about!  
We stood in line and waited for our other friends to turn up. For a moment being there, I forgot about my problems and just anticipated Planetshakers.
We soon entered the church hall and my pals and I planned to go to the front so held hands while trying to push our way to the front (like a worm!) but we settled in middle instead. I was sandwiched between two dudes while my friends were behind me. 
My friends were really nice to give way for me so that I’ll be able to see the stage (I feel short...). Thanks guys! You rock!

The big screen on stage started the countdown and together with the whole crowd we started counting down. 3, 2, 1...loud screams and shouts from every corner filled the place. 
Then Planetshakers with Pastor Mike (Rudy) Nikkerud leading, took the stage starting with “Let Praise Awaken”, then “You Are Good”, Nothing Is Impossible”, followed by Put Your Hands Up” with the classic ol’ school dance off, which was awesome! Throughout the praise, there was energy filling the whole place and I can see many hands were lifted high and lots of jumping and dancing going about. Not to mention, I was one of those (haha!).

In between they took an offering. The HSG Pastor (sorry, I don’t know his name) revealed how Planetshakers had come down willingly and they didn’t ask for a single cent. But rather the offering was to teach us about giving and investing into the Kingdom of God and ourselves.


(Read Part #2 of the journey by clicking here)

No comments:

Post a Comment